Subscribe (Free) to
Daily or Weekly Newsletters
Post a Job

Featured Jobs

Compliance Analyst

Pentegra
(Remote / West Harrison NY)

Pentegra logo

Client Service Manager

United 401(k) Plans, Inc.
(Remote)

United 401(k) Plans, Inc. logo

Retirement Plan Administrator

Nicholas Pension Consultants
(Remote / Corona CA / Rancho Cordova CA)

Nicholas Pension Consultants logo

Attorney

Central Pension Fund of the IUOE
(Washington DC)

Central Pension Fund of the IUOE logo

Distribution \ Loan Clerk

Retirement, LLC
(Remote / Oklahoma City OK)

Retirement, LLC logo

Executive Compensation Lawyer

Trucker Huss, A Professional Corporation
(Remote / San Francisco CA)

Trucker Huss, A Professional Corporation logo

Quality Assurance Manager

Bates & Company
(Remote / Winter Park FL)

Bates & Company logo

Jr Retirement Plan Administrator/ Administrative Assistant

Hochheiser Deutsch & Co, Inc.
(Melville NY)

Hochheiser Deutsch & Co, Inc. logo

Retirement Plan Relationship Manager

ERISA Services, Inc.
(Remote)

ERISA Services, Inc. logo

401(k) Distribution Manager

Nova 401(k) Associates
(Remote)

Nova 401(k) Associates logo

Retirement Plan Consultant

Carpenter Morse Group
(Remote)

Carpenter Morse Group logo

Retirement Plan Legal Specialist

Pentegra
(Remote / West Harrison NY)

Pentegra logo

Associate General Counsel

Central Pension Fund of the IUOE
(Washington DC)

Central Pension Fund of the IUOE logo

Defined Benefit Calculation Specialist/Actuary

The Angell Pension Group, Inc.
(Remote / East Providence RI)

The Angell Pension Group, Inc. logo

Relationship Manager

Compass Retirement Consulting Group, Inc.
(Remote / NH)

Compass Retirement Consulting Group, Inc. logo

View More Employee Benefits Jobs

Free Newsletters

“BenefitsLink continues to be the most valuable resource we have at the firm.”

-- An attorney subscriber

Mobile App image LinkedIn icon
Twitter icon
Facebook icon

<< Previous news item   |   Next news item >>



GAO Report: The Health Coverage Tax Credit -- Simplified, More Timely Enrollment Process Could Increase Participation
U.S. Government Accountability Office [GAO]Link to more items from this source
Oct. 4, 2004
106 pages. "Congress enacted the health coverage tax credit (HCTC) in 2002 for certain displaced workers receiving income support through the Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) program and for certain retirees receiving pensions from the [PBGC]. The HCTC equals 65 percent of the cost of qualified health coverage, which individuals can receive in advance -- the [IRS] pays the credit to the qualifying health plan and the individual pays the remaining 35 percent -- or by filing for the credit in their federal tax return. GAO was asked to review the implementation of the HCTC and examined, among other issues, how many individuals received it and factors influencing participation, and the type and cost of coverage they purchased. GAO obtained data from federal and state agencies and private health plans." [GAO-04-1029, published Sept. 30, 2004, released Oct. 4, 2004]

Please click here to report this link if it is broken (for example, if you see a "404 File Not Found" error message after you click on the link above).
An important word about authorship: BenefitsLink® is providing a hypertext link to the item shown above, but is not the author of the item (unless otherwise specified).
© 2023 BenefitsLink.com, Inc.